3.01.2007

New Lampstand

I needed a floor stand for my daylight lamp and decided that I did not want to drop $60+ on a metal one so, as usual, I looked around for something I could use to make one myself. This is what I came up with.





The log is from a cedar tree here on the property that we were cutting up for firewood. I figured how tall I needed it and Scott cut it to length for me. Then it was just a matter of sanding it down and putting on several coats of polyurethane to seal it. I drilled a hole for my lamp to fit in and viola! This was my first attempt at any creative woodworking outside of cutting molding pieces, etc. I think It turned out great and it works beautifully.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

That is just awesome!! I love that it's so natural, AND it has a little plsace to put things on the top, like a coffee mug or small notebook. How cool!!!

Saturday, March 03, 2007 1:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home